Thursday, May 3, 2012

Bear Bear Bear

Trying to squeeze in another post this week; I have been crazy busy with the birthday party, house guests, and now I am attempting to pack for an entire scrapbooking weekend away!  It seems that everything happens all at once!


This layout I am sharing today took me a week to finish!  I would devote a couple of minutes to it whenever I had free time, then put it aside when I was busy.  I am the kind of person who hates to have an unfinished project laying around, though, so I'm glad I finally got it done before my weekend away!




The colors were inspired by the bear and the chair ;)  Some of the patterned paper was some older stuff I had but the background paper and the plaid brown are both from the American Crafts Amy Tangerine line.  I cut the coordinating strips of paper in various widths from 1/4 inch to 1 inch.  Then I cut them to different lengths as well.  I inked them all with brown to help them stand out.



The photos are matted on brown card stock and I placed a large brad that reads "I Love You" in the corner.  This brad is one of three embellishments I used to create a visual triangle on my layout.



For the title I used my Sizzix to cut out the words in Playground font.  All letters are lowercase except for the A to give a childlike look.  I adhered them with a glue pen to a banner shape I hand cut.  Then I adhered the banner with pop dots to give it dimension.  I attached a tag that reads Moments with a tiny pink brad.




The buttons are the third of three embellishments and the colors are a perfect match!


Thanks for stopping by!  I will be back Monday (I hope!) with the first of many layouts that I plan on completing on my mini-vacation!  Have a great weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment