Thursday, May 10, 2012

Down on the Farm

I think this is the last week I will be able to post Monday through Friday.  I can't create one layout per day to be able to post between taking care of my daughter, house and MASSIVE to-do list and working here and there!  I do have a few more goodies to share from my weekend crop, but beginning next week I will only be posting 2-3 days per week.  It will probably be Monday and Wednesday.  I want to make sure what I DO post is my best work, so I will have more time to devote to crafting that way.  


So what I am sharing today is a fun, happy layout!  We got my daughter this farm toy that she just adores.  She likes to bounce to the music, crawl through the door, and play peek-a-boo with my husband and me.  She loves the toy, but in all honesty I made the layout because I wanted to play with the new farm materials I saw at my favorite scrapbooking store, Right at Home Scrapbooking http://www.rightathome-scrapbooking.com/.




There are some different products here...the yellow wood paper and small letters are Jillibean Soup, the flower print is Doodlebug, and everything else is Kaisercraft.  They layout idea came from the A Cherry on Top blog: http://acotcherrybits.blogspot.com/2011/10/paper-crafting-with-we-r-memory-keepers.html.


I used the same photo placement and title placement on my own layout because it was just so...well, fun!



I put a tiny flower in the center of the three pictures that I made with 2 circles punched out of paper and a button-shaped brad.  








The farm animals were fussy-cut from a sheet of scrapbook paper.  I put them on pop dots to make them stand out from the fence.  This was a pretty simple layout...no fancy stuff here!  But I wanted it to be simple to let the pictures take center stage!  Because the background colors are so light, the red in the photos really draws you in and you can't help but notice silly Grace!


Well thanks for stopping by!  I hope to be back tomorrow with my daughter's birthday mini-book.  I just have to make time to add the journaling!  Have a great afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment