Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Who needs Toys? We have socks!

My daughter loves to play with socks.  I have no idea why.  Despite all the toys we have for her, she can often be found crawling down the hall to her bedroom and pulling all the socks out of her basket.  Hey, whatever makes her happy!  One day I thought she looked especially adorable (those overalls get me all the time!) and so I followed her down the hall with the camera.  I sat on her floor for quite a while playing with the settings on my camera while she played with her socks.   And this is the layout that resulted:



This is my first completed layout in a couple of weeks, so I felt a little rusty and it took me longer than usual to make every decision.  But I was thrilled to finally get a chance to scrapbook!

As I mentioned, I was playing with my camera settings on this day and I accidentally started taking Black and White shots.  When I saw this picture of the socks abandoned on the floor when Grace found another plaything I just knew it would make a neat focal picture.  I chose to use the pink color to make it pop off the page and coordinate with the striped socks.  I added some fibers to give the page a tactile element, since we are talking about socks.

The strips at the top and bottom of the page are used to ground the photos and were made using two different widths of ribbon.  I added some buttons to add to the clothing theme.

The title is my favorite part of the layout.  I used my Cricut to cut four tags and used a marker to draw an outline on each.  I used some glittery Thickers letter stickers to spell out the word sock, but used a zero instead of the letter o because it was larger.  I was able to sneak in a photo of Grace in the 0.  I chose brads that coordinated with the colors in the striped socks and finished off the title with tiny type.




And finally, my journaling.  I just had too many fun photos that I wanted to include in this layout and not enough room!  So I turned a photo into a journaling block.
I did so using Microsoft Word.  I cropped and resized the photo, then increased the transparency.  I laid a text box over top and typed my journaling!  Then I printed it on glossy photo paper.  Click on the photo for a closer look.


And that is my latest creation!  I will be back sometime this week, hopefully with another completed layout!  I will leave you with another adorable shot that didn't make it on the layout!  Thanks for stopping by.





No comments:

Post a Comment