Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Feeling Tropical!

There are many firsts in the life of a mom.  If you are like me you celebrate every first, camera in hand, knowing that it will be the "last time ever she blows her first kiss" or "the last first time she'll ever eat spaghetti on a Tuesday in May!"  OK, I'm not THAT bad, but I do have literally thousands of photos of my daughter's first year.  Some are just sitting, unused, in my photo organization program.  But others just seem to scream "Scrapbook Me!"  The first time my daughter saw and tasted pineapple was one of those. The photos were just too fun to pass up!


Sometimes the background paper just makes the layout.  This one does.  It is just so "1960's-shore-town-tropical-resort-hotel-wallpaper."  I LOVE it!  And the colors couldn't be more perfect since she is wearing a bright pink shirt.




I matted the photos all on bright green Bo Bunny polka dot paper to unify them.  I journaled around the photos because I didn't want to take away from the background paper.


I added three flowers which form a visual triangle leading the eye around the layout.  They match the color of the Bo Bunny paper but match the shape of the flowers in the patterned paper.  The result is a sense of coordination.  The flowers are have a brass brad in the center of each.




I used embossing powder the same color as the brads to stamp this fantastically tropical flower.




The pineapple tag is...a tag from the pineapple!  I saved it because I knew I wanted to scrapbook these photos the day I took them!


And that is my daughter's first encounter with a pineapple!  It was fun when it happened and oh so fun to relive now!  Thanks for stopping by.  See you tomorrow when we'll go "Down on the Farm!"

No comments:

Post a Comment