Thursday, May 17, 2012

The World of Photography

So I said I'd post Wednesday.  I did not.  It seems the Spring has brought with it a never-ending list of things to get done, appointments to go to, and new adventures!  I am not complaining though.  My life is pleasantly full!


To add to the already packed schedule of work, play groups, appointments, cleaning, (sometimes) sleeping and caring for my family I decided to start taking a photography class.  Everything I know about taking pictures is self-taught and involves mostly "pushing the little silver button until you hear a click."  So I am starting from the beginning, Photography 101.  Already I have more questions than I did when I started!


So although I miss scrapbooking and haven't created ANYTHING in two weeks, I am having fun playing with my camera and want to share some of my new photos.


These are some azaleas that grow in front of my house.  They just started to bloom
yesterday and I just love the awesome color combination.  I also got in really close so my foreground is in focus while my background is blurred.





These are called Orange Stars.  I bought them at Stop and Shop, amazingly enough, and when they grew too tall to be inside plants we transplanted them outside.  The color is just so vibrant, which is why I was drawn to them!

















Another amazing color combination provided by Mother Nature!  







And of course, the photographer's self-portrait!









I hope you enjoyed looking at some of the photos I've taken while I experiment with my camera and settings!  I will be sharing more as they come!  Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment