Monday, March 19, 2012

My First Post!

If you are reading this post you are either a Facebook friend who was curious when I said I started a blog, or you stumbled across it through Pinterest or somewhere else in the big wide web world.  Either way, I hope you'll see something you like and want to try yourself!


I started a blog, not because I want to gain fame or recognition for my craft, but because sometimes I create things that I'm so excited about it seems unfair to trap them inside a 12 x 12 page protector.  As a former teacher, I'd love to share my creations and how I made them in the hopes that I may help a fellow crafter.  One of my favorite things to do when my daughter is napping is to visit the looooonnnnnggggg list of blogs in my favorites and Pin the hundreds of ideas I'll never in a million years have time to create, especially if I sit on the computer searching blogs!  So here is yet another crafting blog.  I hope you like it!


The first project I want to share on my blog is one I was pretty excited about!  It started with a Pinterest Inspiration.  I will post the original project if I can find its original source.  But here is mine:



Those pictures of my daughter were WAAAAYYYY too cute and I had to make something with them as soon as I saw them.  I dragged them into Microsoft Word (my favorite computer program!) and put a cute little border around them to save time on matting.


Next I made a 9 inch diameter circle by tracing one of my kitchen plates onto a piece of scrap card stock.  I used my paper trimmer to trim a 10 x 10 square around the circle template.  Then I lined up, in neat little rows, 1 x 1 squares of paper that I also cut with my paper trimmer.  (You could use a paper punch, but where's the fun in that?! ) Be sure to line them up on the side that does NOT have the circle drawn, because you will need the circle as a guide.  The paper I used was mostly old stuff I had in my stash EXCEPT for one sheet of Bazzil (the embossed aqua) and one sheet of Bella Blvd - Mother's Day (the yellow AND the flowers). 

I stitched some buttons on randomly, then added some fussy-cut flowers from the Bella paper.  Then I cut the letters for the title out on my Sizzix using a Die-namics letter die.  Because I wanted the title to stand out I outlined it in brown marker (a Sharpie).



I put it all together and Viola!  A Spring-y Happy layout that doubles as a Home Decor piece!


That's all for now!  I hope you'll check back soon and see what I create next.

No comments:

Post a Comment