Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Simple and Sweet

I am THAT mom.  The one who has a camera in her hands at all times.  The one who sees her daughter doing something cute and says, "make her keep doing it so I can get the camera!"  Partly it is because I have wanted to be a mom my whole life and EVERYTHING my daughter does is amazing.  Partly it's because I (gasp!) love to scrapbook and wouldn't love it as much without the pictures!


That being said, sometimes there is no significance to a page other than that I liked the pictures and HAD to scrap them.  Or maybe that I had a neat embellishment I just HAD to use.  In this case, it was both!




I took these pictures on the first warm day of Spring, on a day I had to change my daughter out of pants and put on a skirt because it was so nice.  In both of these shots she was sticking out her tongue, even though they were taken an hour or so apart.  So of course I thought of the neat title I had that matched the colors and the attitude!  Doodlebug makes them and they are called Headlines.  They come in all different varieties, but I think Spunky fit well here!




Because the colors in Grace's shirt were red, white and blue I went right to the 4th of July section at the scrapbooking store.  The patterned paper is by Adornit and has near red swirls.  Then I chose some Tim Holtz cardstock.  I tore the edges of each frame using a ruler to give it a distressed look.  Then I clipped on 2 star clips and added some stars that I punched, inked and stamped.


My only other need was for journaling.  I cut 2 photo corners with my Sizzix and placed them opposite one another then simply write the journaling inside with a white pen.


Sometimes you need a simple project to give you a sense of accomplishment.  Sometimes you can't find any more than 10 minutes in a day and want to get something done!  Try this simple layout next time you want to quickly scrap some fun pics!  

No comments:

Post a Comment