Thursday, April 5, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes

My favorite thing to scrapbook are the everyday moments that make life so fun!  To me it's like taking a beautiful moment and shining a spotlight on it or bookmarking it so you never forget!  Family breakfasts are quite important to my family; when my husband and I first met it was banana pancakes and the song of that title by Jack Johnson.  Grace loves her Daddy's pancakes too, and this time it just so happened to be blueberry pancakes!




My idea for this layout came from another layout I pinned on Pinterest.  However, since I can't find the original source I can't include that layout.  But if you look me up on Pinterest you'll find that and literally thousands of other ideas!  What I like most about this layout was the stitching.  I don't do nearly enough sewing on my layouts!  All you need as far as supplies are the basics: embroidery floss and thread in basic colors.  I just always forget to pull these items out!  But I love the homespun look.




Rather than matting my photos, I punched out some photo corners, inked the edges with white pigment ink, and used blue thread to close the "frame."  The human eye naturally completes the rectangle shape, but the stitching adds interest and texture.




After I added my banners to the right side of my layout, I ran one line of stitching in the same blue thread along the edge.




My title is done in blue ink and clear embossing powder.  The stickers in the center are from a MAMBI sheet meant for baking layouts.




The journaling block is the other part I loved about this layout.  The shape is just so interesting and it allowed some longer journaling.  I was going to erase my pencil lines in the block, but I though it added a "shopping list" feel to my layout about breakfast!  The green in the two stickers draws your eye to the journaling because that color is only found here on the page; however it is such a small amount of green that it doesn't throw off the blueberry groove!


And that is it!  This layout is on display in my kitchen for the time being (I can't stand to "lock away" my favorite layouts in an album!) and it brings a smile to my face every time I see it!  


Now I did say yesterday I'd have some exciting news!  Well here it is: I launched my Facebook small business sight yesterday at www.facebook.com/KristysScrapsOfLife.  I hope to turn my passion into an opportunity by selling custom made layouts and home decor items.  Stop by and Like my page.  When I hit 50 likes I am going to draw two winners for a great prize!  I also got some surprise news: I am one step closer to a scrapbooking instructor position I was hoping for.  More on that later!


Well I will be back tomorrow with another fun layout.  Thanks for stopping by!  

No comments:

Post a Comment