Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spring is Swingin'

I have mentioned before my obsession with my daughter's cute little bum.  Well I also have an obsession with her tiny little feet (really all of her tiny parts!) so I frequently take photos that contain just her feet.  My husband thinks it's strange.  I think it's art!  In this case I just thought her little feet hanging so far off the ground from a little bucket swing looked so cute!  Of course I figured I should add a photo of the whole Grace as well!


This layout was one that came together quite easily (rare for me!) and as an added bonus used mostly scraps!  I wanted to base my colors on the shirt my daughter is wearing, and the peach plaid paper I actually found in my fall stash as I was doing some Scrapbooking Spring Cleaning!  The cloud paper, which I had just a half sheet of, is a recent purchase. The rest of the patterned papers are scraps left over from a fun project I posted on March 29 called Hooray Chevrons.




I added some borders to the photos in Microsoft Word to save time on matting.  I left space in the middle for my title which was cut out on my Sizzix with the Night and Day font and arranged in a back and forth way to show movement.




I fussy cut a few of the clouds, inked the edges with black ink to give a shadow effect, and put them on pop dots.  I purposely made some overlap the photos to unify the design.




I cut four long and four short banners, inked the edges of them, and put the short banners on pop dots to make them stand out.


And that is it!  Thanks for stopping by!  Leave me a comment to let me know what you think!  Be Back Tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment