Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Vintage Jasmine

Jasmine is my cat.  We got her a few weeks ago because we wanted Grace to grow up having a pet to love and because we missed having a cat slinking around the house meowing and wrapping itself around our legs.  And I cannot lie...when we brought her home, I was excited that I would have someone else to scrapbook!  She just has the most beautiful colors and the softest fur.  She has the sweetest personality and loves to give us love!




I challenged myself in two ways with this layout.  1.  It usually takes me FOR-EV-ER to make a decision about what patterned paper to use, where the embellishments should go, whether to use stickers or stamp the title, etc.  I get all hung up on the details and take two days on one page!  So this time I didn't second guess any decisions and just started adhering stuff to the page!  2.  I don't usually dabble in the vintage-inspired style that has become very popular these days BUT I wanted to try it.  So I did with my colors, the lace look and my distressed background paper.  It was fun, too!  I guess I will go vintage again.


So this layout is so simple.  I didn't want to clutter it up with stuff because I wanted the photos to shine.  I started by choosing 2 pieces of Colorbok card stock that matched Jasmine's fur.  I really liked how the darker color brought out the tiny dark spot on Jazz's nose so I used more of that.  I used some VersaMark and clear embossing powder to stamp some flourishes on the card stock before matting the photo.




The flowers I attached on the layout, 3 to form a visual triangle, were all cut from DieNamics dies on my Sizzix machine.  The rose is a roll-up flower and the others are stacked.




The letters are also die cut and the font, which comes in Sizzix Sizzlits, is called Night and Day.


And that is my first layout about my new little Jazz!  Thanks for stopping by.  Back tomorrow with another vintage-inspired layout!

No comments:

Post a Comment