Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Soft and Fuzzy Friends

Grace is obsessed with stuffed animals!  She loves to dive, head first, into a pile of them.  She loves to chuck them one by one from their perch on her rocker so that they litter her entire play rug and then she jumps on the pile.  And she calls every stuffed animal she owns Bear Bear Bear.  So when we saw a giant stuffed pig at Target my husband and I knew it had to become part of the family.  As soon as we put it on the floor she was jumping on it for a cuddle, and it has been dubbed Pig Pig Pig!




As I mentioned yesterday, this layout is based on the same simple sketch that inspired yesterday's post.  It is just rotated 90 degrees clockwise.  The simple photo grid here features a 4 x 6 portrait while yesterday's 4 x 6 was landscape.  This very versatile sketch works with both!




Pig Pig Pig was packaged with a round tag and had a fleece ribbon tied around him.  I wanted to use both items on the page.  The tag is simply held on by a small white button brad.  The fleece ribbon was pleated and attached with liquid adhesive.  Because the ribbon is not flat, I put double foam dots on 3 of the 4 corners of the photo mat to even it out.




For my title I used the Playground Font on my Sizzix.  I journaled using a white gel pen.


For the finishing touches I added two buttons that looked like pig snouts. 
And that is it!  I will be back tomorrow with a mini book I am making for Grace that I should be able to finish tonight.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment