Tuesday, April 24, 2012

That's Me!

My daughter can all of a sudden recognize herself in photos and in the mirror.  She just thinks it's the coolest thing ever to hold a picture of herself in her hands.  And of course as a scrapbooker, my house is filled with pictures of her!  So every time I turn around she is pointing to a photo, then to her chest as if to say "That's Me!"  I know that some day the novelty will wear off, so I needed to scrapbook this exciting event right away, before we move on to something else.




I used a sketch I found in an old scrapbooking magazine for this layout.  Tomorrow's post will be using the same sketch as well.  I love how versatile it is and I am going to challenge myself to use it in different ways.


I arranged my photos on Microsoft Word before printing them to ensure they would fit on the mat properly.  I also printed my journaling using Microsoft Word.  I don't have a 12 x 12 printer though, so I cut the blue card stock in half and used Word's Page Setup feature to create a 6 x 12 document to print on.  Then I adhered both pieces of blue onto another piece of card stock and hid the seam behind the heart patterned paper.


My title is done with small Jillibean Soup letter stickers and my Cricut.  I inked the "m" and the "e" to make them stand out.




I didn't think the story was complete unless the viewer could see what Grace is looking at.  So I included a small photo of her with the photo of herself.  I matted it on a journaling tag that lists the days of the week to show that this has become a daily occurrence with us!  The journaling tag was a Pinterest find; here is the link where you can find it yourself http://splendidmissm.blogspot.com/2012/01/project-life.html.


Well, I will be back tomorrow with another layout based on this same sketch!  And in the works is a mini book for my baby girl.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment