Thursday, April 19, 2012

It's a Colorful Life

I do not love laundry.  Therefore, it piles up until I am missing more items of clothing than I have left and I need to stay home just because I have nothing to wear.  That is when it is time to do wash!  Well anyone with children knows that when the family gets sick the laundry seems to multiply.  But here in the Mutchler house, even a pile of laundry can become a plaything for my baby girl!




These photos show a game of peek-a-boo we played with the giant pile.  I decided to embrace the crazy miss-mash of colors in the photos to show that real life can be messy but is ALWAYS colorful!  So I punched circles from a bunch of different scraps I had and arranged them and the photos in a grid.  I matted the whole piece on some Bella Blvd striped paper.  I drew some stitching around the photos with a pen to make them stand out despite the loud colors.




I hand-cut some triangles from some of the less intense patterned paper and stamped the title on them.  Then I put them up on pop dots to give them some dimension.



I hand cut some clouds from patterned paper and stamped a fence and tree that I had just bought to create a little scene that reminded me of an outdoor clothesline.  I then completed my title and added my journaling by hand.



This page was lots of fun to create and makes me laugh every time I remember!  Every day life is my favorite scrapbooking subject!

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. love the handwritten journaling and doodling around your photos... right up my alley!!

    ReplyDelete