Thursday, April 12, 2012

An Oldie but a Goodie

I had a friend over the other night night and she was flipping through my scrapbooks, allowing me to relive my daughter's first year (and I got a little misty!)  As she flipped I got to see some of my forgotten favorites, including this one!




These pictures were taken nearly 6 months ago!  They were my first attempt at a "photo shoot."  Not the most successful.  Note to self: it is not possible to "snap some pictures real quick before breakfast" when dealing with a 6 month old.  But I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the silly faces I captured on film, especially since those are the real Grace, so I made sure to include the less perfect shots on the layout along with the best.  My favorite is the one in the top right where she is trying to see what the terrible thing is I put on her head!




Most of the time I choose the colors for my layout based on the colors of the clothing in the photos.  In this case the pink is obvious, but I chose a baby blue rather than a navy blue to coordinate with the dress because it had a more happy, cheerful vibe to it.


The photos remain the focus of the layout, but the flowers are an important element as well.  They look very natural there paired with the flower on Grace's head and the one on her dress.  I made them using a small flower punch, outlining each flower with a glitter marker, then putting a button in the center.  


 Then I hand drew and hand embroidered the stems to look like the photo block was part of the bouquet.  Then I hand cut some leaves and colored them with glitter pen to add some shine.  I hand stitched the curvy (yes pink!) stems using ordinary embroidery floss.  It took FOR-EV-ER but I think it was totally worth it!  Now I have a lasting pice of art to forever remind me of my daughter turning 6 months old!






As a final touch to the layout I drew some pen stitching to the journaling block that was die cut using a friend's Cuttlebug.  For my title I used pink glittery Thickers.


And now I am going to run to give my baby girl a hug before she grows up any more!  Back tomorrow with more fun.  Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment